“We’ve been a portfolio company for 5 months and have already worked with 4 companies in the Expert Network who have all helped us in one way or another.” –Phil George, MentorCliq
The TechColumbus Expert Network (EN) is a cadre of more than three dozen local service professionals—attorneys, accountants and CPAs, marketing and branding agencies, as well as pros in graphics, human resources, business development, and sales.
Since its inception in 2013, EN firms have committed more than 2500 hours and over $2 million in pro bono and discounted activities to provide professional services to promising startups. They like working with entrepreneurs and want to give back to support growing high-tech companies in Central Ohio.
These professionals share our belief that entrepreneurs and the startups they build create jobs and economic wealth. They are stepping up to emphatically lend their expertise in engagements that can positively impact a startup’s bottom line.
Nearly 94% of startups that have participated in EN report that they would continue to work with their mentor firms in a paid capacity.
Here’s how EN works:
- Engaged TechColumbus clients are eligible for consideration.
- Your Venture Advisor will work with you to connect you to an appropriate expert and will make the introduction.
- Each approved project has a scope of work, defined deliverables, and assigned personnel.
Examples of Services
- Articles of incorporation, partnership agreements, intellectual property
- General accounting practices, monthly reporting and record keeping tax planning, payroll
- Employee handbook, workers compensation compliance, employee benefits
- Brand development, press releases, marketing collateral
- Sales coaching and training
EN can take the edge off of finding and hiring the right providers—people who understand and are enthusiastic about startup companies. EN can save qualifying companies considerable time and money, at the stage of growth where young companies are already strapped for both.